“Temperatures are dropping, so the price of some vehicles are also going down.”
As winter is expanding, you’ll need to ensure your vehicle is set up to deal with all that Mother Nature can toss its direction. Luckily for you, we’ve bring a list of vehicles that are ready to tackle winter with the latest safety tech and features – to make sure that you and your family are not only safe in even the most inclement weather, but are also traveling in style. All the vehicles on our list are available with all-wheel drive (AWD) or 4-wheel drive (4WD), which may help provide traction when road conditions change. We dug into the data to find out which winter-ready cars and trucks offer substantial potential savings.
- The Audi Q5 has a bag full of tricks to help get you through the winter in both comfort and style.
- When conditions are normal, its clever all-wheel drive system has the ability to propel only the front wheels in order to maximize fuel economy.
- When it senses that extra traction is needed, it will engage all four wheels. This isn’t the only trick the Q5 has in its bag, however.
- The Audi comes standard with plenty of the latest tech features, including Apple Car Play and Android Auto.
MSRP Avg.*: $43,945/$38,595
Potential Savings off MSRP: 12.2%
Estimated Monthly Payment**: $576
Fuel Economy MPG (City/Hwy): 23/27
Z71 Crew Cab Short Box 4WD Automatic
- Midsize pickup trucks offer tons of utility and practicality in a not-so-cumbersome package, and for that reason, they make great winter vehicles.
- The Colorado is available in two different cab sizes as well as two different bed lengths, ensuring the right level of practicality for each customer.
- In addition to this, it can be purchased with a fuel-efficient 4-cylinder engine, a livelier V6, or a Torquay diesel that should satisfy your towing needs.
- The Colorado provides tons of versatility in a conveniently-sized package.
- Trim Pictured: ZR2 Crew Cab Short Box 4WD Automatic; Not Pictured: Z71 Crew Cab Short Box 4WD Automatic
MSRP/ Avg.*: $38,095/$36,077
Potential Savings off MSRP: 5.3%
Estimated Monthly Payment**: $538
Fuel Economy MPG (City/Hwy): 17/24
- Jeep Compass can tackle the city streets or a craggy mountain road or both.
- The Jeep Compass can handle almost anything you plan to throw at it.
- Standard on all Compasses is Jeep’s Uconnect infotainment system, which provides a variety of in-vehicle functions, all controlled via touchscreen.
- The Compass can also be equipped with plenty of driver safety aids, including automated emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, and lane-keep assist.
Potential Savings off MSRP: 4.8%
Estimated Monthly Payment**: $381
Fuel Economy MPG (City/Hwy): 22/31
- Toyota Prius is now available with all-wheel drive, making it one of the best-rounded vehicles on the market.
- Already known for its legendary fuel economy and low maintenance costs, the new Prius can add “conquering winter” to its list of victories.
- Thanks to a second motor stationed at the rear wheels, the optional AWD system is automatic, on-demand, and capable of operating at speeds of up to 43 mph.
Potential Savings Off MSRP: 4.6%
Estimated Monthly Payment**: $389
Fuel Economy MPG (City/Hwy): 52/48
2.0i Sport 5-door CVT
- Subaru has built its name as a versatile carmaker that always goes its own way.
- A compact car available as a sedan or a 5-door hatchback.
- The Impreza comes standard at all levels with all-wheel drive and features a highly functional interior and available heated front seats.
- An affordable small car with all-wheel traction and equal doses comfort and durability is no small feat! It’s still available with a manual transmission for those who prefer it, though most drivers opt for the smooth-shifting CVT.
Potential Savings Off MSRP: 6%
Estimated Monthly Payment**: $336
Fuel Economy MPG (City/Hwy): 27/35