There are some states which need to abide by the law and there are some which are not. There are various reasons for the Car Dealers to be closed on Sundays but one of which is they need to obey the “Blue Laws”. Some other reasons are to provide rest to their staff members and so on. All different states have their own rules to follow, like In several states, the sales of a car is completely banned on Sundays such as New Jersey, Illinois, and Ohio. In Utah and Texas, car dealers must be closed on either Saturday or Sunday, but do not have to close for both days. North Dakota allows car dealers to be open on Sundays, but no car sales are allowed. Other states place restrictions on the times that car dealers can be open on Sundays, while others leave the determination as to whether car dealers can be open on Sundays up to each county. In several states where the population is less than 130000, car dealers of those states can be on Sundays. Therefore, there are different rules and restrictions on each state which gives rise to ample of questions which are:
Why are car lots closed on Sundays?
- As banks are closed on Sundays so it would be a complicated transaction for the car dealers as buying or selling a car includes a lot of communication with the bank.
- Another goal for the Sunday ban is to provide complete rest to the staff members and to allow them to spend some quality time with their family members.
- Another reason for banning is that the states which have allowed sunday sales haven’t seen any kind of extra boost in sales. So it would be time wasting for both the customers and the dealers as well.
What states allow car dealerships to open on Sundays?
There are different rules for different states such as:
- In Utah and Texas, car dealers must be closed on either Saturday or Sunday, but do not have to close for both days.
- North Dakota allows car dealers to be open on Sundays, but no car sales are allowed.
- Other states place restrictions on the times that car dealers can be open on Sundays.
Can you buy a car on Sunday?
No, you cannot buy a car on Sunday. According to the laws, two things are prohibited on Sunday which is cars and alcohol. Though there are few dealers who want their dealership to be open on Sundays as closing them is making their competitors one step forward from them.
Is it illegal to sell a car on Sunday?
Yes, if the rules say to close the car dealerships on sunday then it should be obliged and no dealership should go against the law as it will be illegal and they can face some serious legal issues.
What states can you buy a car on sunday?
There are different times and different rules for each state. Like in Utah and Texas car dealers can either sell on sunday or saturday but not both the days. Likewise there is a rule which says where there is a population of less than 130000 can sell their car on sundays.
Are all dealerships closed on Sundays?
No, not all dealerships are closed on sundays but it depends on the law and regulation of that particular state if dealers are allowed to open on sundays or not. And most dealerships prefer closing on sundays as they want to give a day off to their staff members so most of the dealerships are closed and most of the dealerships work according to the law.
Are blue laws unconstitutional?
Not all, but some were declared to be unconstitutional over time and there are many such rules which were applicable priorly are now eliminated all over the country.